Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

3.4.12

Hi!
Well it sounds like the news from the week is the new dog. Your letters made me laugh. That is so something that dad would do. Have you came up with a name yet? haha I love that you wanted to name the dog Shelley. what a crack up. let me know when you come up with one.. hmmm I cant think oh anything

Well another week has past. I am not going to lie it is kind of freaking me out how fast the time seems to be passing. It seems like when things are going well (good area, good comp) the time just seems to fly.. ahhhh!!!! Things are going well. My comp is Awesome. It is crazy because she only has like 3 months in the mission but she is just not afraid to open her mouth and speak the langauge. I was def not like that when I was still new. It truly is awesome because we work together well and I dont feel like I have all the load on me. We split duties up which is awesome. The area is good. We have an investigator that the hermanas we teaching before I got here for the whole transfer and now we have been teaching him for these past few weeks. He got in an accident serveral years ago and I think after the accident he was pretty messed up and like a child. NOw he is more normal but the problem is that he cant walk well. He has to use a walker. He has gone to church 4 times and absolutely loves it and thinks that he is a member. He wants to get baptized but the problem is that he doesnt want to get baptized until he can walk prefectly normal again and he smokes. Ahhhh so we are kind of frustrated with it a little bit because we feel like we have been doing so much to help him stop smoking and help him to understand the importance of getting baptized NOW! I guess the mission really teaches us how to have patience huh? haha we made a goal with him to pray and ask God if he needs to get baptized for the 17 de Marzo. We know that God will tell him yes but it is a matter of him recognizing this answer from God. SO this is one of difficulties right now but I have faith that everything will work out.

I seriously feel so happy and grateful to my heavenly father that I am here on the mission. This past week we were heading to the church for a meeting with our president of the branch and we were already kind of late and as we were walking my comp stopped and said no we have to clap at this house. So we clapped and a lady came out and without even telling her who we were invited us into her house. She is a solo mom with 4 kids and lives there with her 14 year old sister. We shared with her our message about familys and how we can have an eternal family. The spirit was so strong and they were so happy. I dont know what will happen with this family. I really hope that we will be able to continue teaching them and bring the gospel in the lives but I just feel so happy to see the light in the peoples faces when they feel the spirit and here us tell them that god truly loves them and our message is a happyness and peace. It is such a privelage to be able to bring this happiness taht I have into other peoples lives. I know that the gospel truly brings happyness into my life. and I know that we are literally sons and daughters of God and that he wants us to be happy and enjoy this life. I know that prayer is so important and that the scriptures are truly a blessing in our lives. I lvoe this gospel. Well i am out of time but I love you all lots. Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Hna Van Wagenen

Pic 1: my comp and I celebrating our 5 months and 1 year mark with Cake. yummm!!! :)
Pic 2: Moving to our new apt
Pic 3: running into my mtc friends at transfers
pic 4: a day of lluvia. mucho lluvia

No comments: