Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

3.12.12

Hola Familia!

Well another week has passed and I am not going to lie this past week was one of the harder weeks I have had in the mission. I feel like we worked so hard this week working with the members and working hard to help our investigators progress and go to church on sunday and then on Sunday when we passed for our investigators they either werent there or made up excuses. It is just so frustrating when you feel like you have worked so hard all week and then sunday is the day to see your work when they go to church on sunday and they dont go. It just makes me feel like all of the hard work that we have done was pointless. Its like the people here just dont want to make time for God. As I was really sad yesterday after church because none of our investigators went to church it made me think a little bit more into things. I thought.. look at how sad I am to see that these people dont want to make time for God I cant even imagine how sad God is when he sees that his children reject him and dont want to make time for him. It has gotten me to think a little bit more about life. Everything we have is from God. We are here on this earth because God sent us, God has given us our bodies and blesses us everyday but what are we doing to thank God. We have so much to thank God for and it just hurts me to see these people that just dont want to make time for God. We are here everyday calling people to repentance and teaching people how they can be saved but they just dont want it. It is def not an easy job. I am not going to lie. but Its like we are put a little bit more in the shoes of our savior Jesus Christ who died for us and did so much for us but people just dont want to follow him. When I feel like I just cant go anymore because its too hard I just think of my savior and how much more he went through for us and how this is only a little thing that I can do for him.

Things are good i promise. I truly am happy I love my comp. The area is hard but we just have to keep going and keep working. I am truly grateful to be here because I am learning and growing in so many ways. I am truly learning the purpose of life and the things that are most important in my life. I thank you all for your love and support. I know I couldnt do this without you guys. I am truly grateful. Love you all lots. Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Hna Van Wagenen

p.s. We did an activity this past week with our zone and the 2 branches and ward. It was a carnival type thing. These are some pics from it.



No comments: