Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2.28.12

(Sorry for slacking...two posts added...so read them both!)

Hi!

First of all I just want to say that I have the cutest nephew in the whole world. Seriously man the little bust is just adorable. Well I dont even know where to start with this week. I was so convinced that I was going to stay in my area for one more transfer but the lord knew that it was time for a change. Mom you were right. haha I dont know how you knew. I am now serving in Formosa. Formosa is what all of the missionarys in the mission call "Los Cielos de la Mision" (the heavens of the mission) because everyone says that the people here in Formosa are very humble and very prepared to accept the gospel. I have wanted to be in Formosa and now I am here. The only bad part about Formosa is that it is also the hottest part of the whole mission but luckily we do have air conditioning in the apartment so I sleep good at least! :) My companions name is Hermana Pack she is from Vegas and is pretty much amazing!!! This is her 3 transfer so she just finished her time with her trainer and now I am with her but I am very lucky because she speaks very well and she isnt scared to speak even if she says something wrong. It is awesome. We have made a goal to not speak english at all so we are constantly speaking in castellano (espanol) and it is really good because it is the only way we are going to learn and get better.

This week has been super crazy because I got here in my new area and unpacked my stuff and then was told that we were going to be moving houses so then i had to repack all of my stuff and with the help of the elders we had to move into a new house and now we are living with the other sisters. It is very interesting because I have never lived with another pair of sisters in the mission so it will be interesting. The thing that is awesome about my new area is that there are a lot of missionarys here because in my other area it was just us and a set of elders in a little city. So we are around a lot of other missionarys. ( haha mom you always said that it would be good to be around other people) Things are seriously amazing. I am so happy and I love my new area. I know that I am here for a reason. Really i was ready for a change and i already love my new area. The thing that is a little bit different about here is that the members here actually love the missionarys. Today we went to central to but food to go and as we were waiting a man came up to us and introduced himself and her is a member in a different branch and bought our food for us. WOW how nice. The people here are so humble. There dont have a lot of money but they are always wanting to help. It is def very different from my other area which had a little bit more money and werent very loving with the missionarys. I feel so grateful to be here. Our area is VERY VERY VERY SMALL: It is like 6 blocks one way and 6 blocks the other way. EVERYONE knows who we are and EVERYONE has prety much already talked to the missionarys. It is a little bit hard but I know without a doubt that there are people here and are ready and being prepared to accept the gospel. I am still new and getting to know everything but things are good. I love missionary work and I am truly to grateful to have this opportunity to be a missionary. The mission def has its difficult moments but it is so amazing to feel the spirit everyday and be able to share this happiness and joy I have with these people. It is amazing!! Thanks for everything truly. I am grateful for your letters and love. I hope you have an incredible week. UNtil next week....

Hna Van Wagenen

ps i wanted to send you pics and me with my new comp but i forgot my camera. next week i will try and remember

No comments: