Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

3.19.12

hello,

well another week has passed. man do the weeks just seem to be flying by. This past week was a pretty normal week but we actually had to drop two of our investigators this week. and it is two our our investigators that have gone to church and everything. It really stunk. One of our investigators is called Isabel. She is very catholic but after teaching her for several weeks someone we finally got her to come to church with us (a miracle!) We tried putting baptism dates with her but she just didnt want to accept because she has already been baptised in the catholic church and she just cant change. The catholic people here are very into the traditions of their fathers. So we had to let her go because she just became very closed off with us and didnt really want it anymore. It really is hard to lose an invitigator like that. but I guess that there is someone else here that is prepared to accept. So the other day we were taking a taxi to the church and we started talking to the taxi driver about the church and he told us that he knew a little bit about the church because not that long ago his friend got baptized and he went to his friends baptism. He then went on telling us that he saw a huge difference in his friend after his baptism and he just had a light about him. We then invited him to know more about the church and he said honestly i would love to learn more and i have so many questions about life that i want answered. I want the missionarys to come teach me. ( can you say that he is like chosen! super prepared to have the gospel in his life only that he doesnt live in our area.... sad day!) We are kind of in a slow part of the work right now it just seems like all of the work that we are doing just doesnt seem to be going anywhere. It makes things a little bit hard but we just keep going and keep trying to study and see what we can do as missionaries to better our teaching skills. Preach my gospel really is incredible. It has so many amazing things in that book.

Well that was pretty much my week. Nothing too exciting just another week in the crazy life of a missionary. I continue moving forward and learning lots. I feel like my view on life has truly changed and I am learning things and growing in so many ways it is awesome! the mission is hard but so worth it. I am happy I love my companion the people here is Formosa(my area) are amazing. They are some of the most friendly people I have ever met. The members have become my family. THey are amazing. I feel grateful to have been sent to this area because it truly is a big difference to my first two areas. well gtg love you all lots! have an awesome week.

love,
hna Van Wagenen

No comments: