Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

2.6.12

Hey there!

Well this week was an interesting week. So I told you last week about that family that came to church last week right? We had been teaching them for like 4 weeks and for 3 sundays we had called them and passed for their house in the morning to go to church but they were always sleep and didnt want to go so honestly we were about ready to drop them because they didnt seem to have interest. One night we were working and we didnt have plans to visit them we had other plans but my comp felt like we should go and i agreed that yes we should go see them. So we went to visit them and had a great lesson with the mom and she told us that they were going to go to church on sunday like they always told us so when we past on sunday morning they were all up and getting ready for church. It really was a happy moment for us so show up to church with a family of 9. ya a big family! We then past by their house the tuesday after church and had an amazing lesson with them. THey said that they loved church and without a doubt would be going the next sunday. We didnt even ask them but they both told us that they have desires to quit smoking and follow this path and they also told us that they want to go married. We were pretty stoked after tuesday. We then set up an appt for thurs and when we went they werent there :( so we went by on friday and the mom told us that her "husband" doesnt want to go to church until he stops smoking but she told us that she is going to make him take her because she wanted to go. we then past on sat and it is like he doesnt want to talk to us. We are super said. We then went by on sunday morning to go to church and they wouldnt get out of bed and wouldnt talk to us. they made their kids tell us that they didnt want to go. It is super sad. I swear that when things are going super great satan steps right in and does his work. I am super sad because I truly saw so much success with this family. I guess we still have no idea so I am truly hoping and praying that there is still hope with them. we need your prayers!!!!

A funny thing happened this week so the past sunday we only thought that we had this family that went to church but on tuesday when we went to visit one of our investigators they told us that they really enjoyed church on sunday. My companion and I looked at each other and asked them. Oh what church did you go to on sunday? the catholic church? they responded and said no we went to your church. luckily we were with a member with us that backed them up and said ya they were in church on sunday. what??? how did we not see that they were there? hahahahaha that never happens. I think that we were so occupied with helping the family on 9 that we didnt even have a chance to look around and see that other people that we invited showed up. Honestly we had only taught this couple one time and they went to church by themselves. WOW! as a missionary i can say that this doenst not happen often. honestly that is the first time that I have ever had that happen in my mission. ALmost always the first time an investigator goes to church we have to go by their house in the morning to go with them. Ya it was a miracle. We were pretty happy about that. haha

This past sunday we also witnesses another miracle. We have been working for several weeks now with this less active family to help them. They have a son that is 20 and isnt a member. So we have started teaching him and he has never visited the church before but he is very receptive and listens and really likes to listen to the lessons. He told us that he would like to go to church but his goal would be that all of his family went to church together. Wow wouldnt that be incredible we thought. But this past sunday we walked into church and looked and saw the whole Romanuik family sitting together. Wow it was seriously an incredible experience to see.

I guess the thing that I am learning is that is truly is amazing how much love I gain for the people I am teaching. Its not just because I want to see numbers for the work we have done for the week. More than ever I want them to go to church so that they can go to the temple and be sealed as a family so that they can see the blessing I have seen in my life from the gospel. This gospel truly is amazing and I know without a doubt that it is true and this is the work of the lord. We just have to endure to the end. That is def the hardest part but it is possibe with the help of the gospel, scriptures, family, and friends to help us. The lord has promised us that if we endure for the end we will have eternal life. I have always loved the scripture in 2 Nephi 31:20. Things are good. I am happy. I hope you all have an amazing week1! love you lots!!!

Love,
Hna Van Wag

pic 1: my district

pic 2: A NUN! :)

No comments: