Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

2.13.12

HOLA!

How is everyone? oh how I love mondays to be able to hear from you guys. We truly are blessed to have internet because I couldnt imagine only being able to send letters. What a blessing. Well things are going great here in Obera. I am not going to lie we kind of had a bad week this week. After working hard all week to help our investigators we had 5 secure investigators who said they were going to go to church on Sunday and when sunday came none of them showed up. Man is it a bummer when that happens. It makes everything we did during the week feel pointless. but I try to not let it affect me because i know we have to move forward and work harder this week. I know have a little more than 5 months here in this branch and it has been such an amazing experience to see the change in the branch in this short time. Since I have been here they have called a new branch president and basically reorganized the whole branch we also only had 4 missionarys here and now we have 6 missionarys. It has been so cool to see how much the branch has grown in this time. The attendance in church has grown and lots of the less actives are starting to come back to church. . I told you how there are 1500 members here so there is still a ton of work to do but I have been super grateful to have the opportunity to be apart of this and to see changes. We have transfers next week and I am really hoping that I stay here for at least one more transfer. I am super happy with my comp and my area right how and I am really not ready to leave my area yet. We will see what happens. We never know...

Last night we were waiting for the bus to pass to take us back to our apartment and as we were waiting I looked up at the sky and was watching the stars and it just got me thinking about the creation. How amazing is God. Everything we have here is from God and it is incredible. It is just one more reason to know that God exists. It is so crazy when we talk to people and they say that they dont believe in God. I just truly dont understand because if you just look around for a minute you can know that God exists without a doubt. I feel blessed to have grown up in this gospel and knowing this because there are so many people in the world so lost. I just wish that i could help all of them but most of them are closed off and just dont want to listen. I pray everyday that I can find those people who are waiting and prepared at this time to recieve the gospel in their lives at this time. I truly love this gospel so much! It truly does bless familys and helps us to be better people and to be prepared to return to the presence of our heavenly father. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your support and your letters. You rock. have an amazing week!

love,
Hermana Van Wagenen

No comments: