Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

1.30.12

Hola!

Man do the weeks seem to be passing fast.. Yesterday I was telling my comp I swear that I just wrote home to my family yesterday but it is already time to write again. Dont get me wrong I LOVE writing home and hearing from all of you!!!! Hear I am again to tell you about another week in the life of a missionary in Argentina.

Well this past week we had interviews with our mission President and we had to travel almost 3 hours to another area for interviews. It was actually kind of fun to see other missionarys because here in my area we are a group of 6 and are isolated from everyone else. Other than interviews this week was great! We are teaching this family and have been trying and trying for 3 weeks now to get them to come to church and finally yesterday they all came to church all 9 of them!! You bet I was pretty stocked. Can I just tell you that the mission is def an experience where you have to learn patience because it can be super frustrating to work all week teaching and helping your investigators go to church on sunday and then when none of them show up it is so sad and frustrating. but then when they finally show up it is a very happy moment and it is worth all of the struggles that we went through. I swear getting investigators to go to church is one of the hardest parts. For some reason they always seem to have visitors sunday in the morning. I will just tell you that I am really working to develop more patience. :)

I am truly happy in my area and with my comp right now. We still have a couple more weeks of transfers but I am really hoping that I dont get transfered. I feel like the change of area was a form of transfer and it was nice to have something new and fresh. The one thing that I am really enjoying about being in an area for a good amount of time is seeing how the branch here is growing. It seems like every week there are a few more people in church. and I have already seen a huge difference from when I got here in September. I am truly hoping to be here for a little bit longer because there are a few people that we are teaching who I can see success in the near future and I dont want to miss out on it.

The work is great. THe mission is awesome. I know I say this probably like every week but I am truly grateful and feel blessed to be here. I just always think about how before in my life I never really had a strong desire to serve a mission but I can just tell you that the lord knows me and knew that I was suppose to be serving a mission in this moment. I am happy and I love sharing my testimony everyday and sharing this amazing message with the poeple here. I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life and I wouldnt want to be anywhere else right now than here sharing this happiness with the people here. Love you all lots!!! Thanks for your support and love! Have a wonderful week!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Van Wagenen

Pic 1: Baptism of Facundo!!! He is the 9 year old son of the less active family I was teaching and was baptized this past saturday. The elders were now teaching him these past 3 weeks but I still consider him my investigator! This is my new comp Hermana Cepeda

Pic 2: Me and my mini comp Hermana Vera when I sent her home.

Pic 3: My investigator Patricia the first time she came to church

No comments: