Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Pyramids and Sphynx

On the first day that we were in Cairo we woke up pretty early in the morning had breakfast and were off for the day. First we went straight to the pyramids (which were right near our hotel) where we spent a lot of time taking pictures and walking around looking at them. We then went to the sphynx and then went to a papyrus factory where they showed us how they make papyrus and we got to spend some time looking around at all the papyrus and buy some if we wanted. It was really neat finally seeing all these sites that I have always heard about to finally see them in person. Later that night we went to the airport and flew to Luxor which we were going to be for the next three days but it was challenging because we were only allowed to bring our one little backpack so it was stuffed to the max with clothes and anything else I might need for the next three days.

Me kissing the sphynx!

Walking like an egyptian in front of the pyramids. Wow I seriously look like a giant in this picture. haha
In front of the largest pyramid of Giza
The lady at the papyrus factory demonstating to us how to make papyrus with the many different papyrus in the background.

Many more from egypt is to come. There was just so much we did that I just have to do it a little bit at a time.

5 comments:

Jenae said...

So cool! I am so jealous you get to see all these fun and historic sites. Keep updating us!
Love, Jenae

Whitney said...

I WANT TO CRY SO BAD RIGHT NOW I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN HOW MUCH I MISS YOU WHEN YOU POSTED THAT COMMENT I GOT SO EXCITED I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD SPEAK TO THE OUT SIDE WORLD WHILE YOUR THERE. I AM SOO BEYOND MEASURE OF JELOUS HOW EVER YOU SPELL THAT.. I WANT TO BE THERE SO BAD ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY ITS AWESOME I BET AND LOOKS LIKE YOUR HAVING A GREAT EXPERIENCE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE MORE PICTURES.. SEND ME A MESSAGE ON FACEBOOK OR SOMETHING. I MISS YA TONS I THINK MAYBE YOU SHOULD SOMETIME LIVE IN PROVO.. LOL NA I ACTUALLY REALLY REALLY MISS IDAHO BELIEVE IT OR NOT I DO.. WELLL ECITED TO HEAR FROM YOU LOVE YA
-WHITNEY

shelleyv said...

Hey karBear,

I love all the info about Egypt. Keep it coming! It all looks so amazing!
luv ya! mom

Amy said...

kar I you look like you are havin a wonderful time. I love the kissing the spynx pic!

G/S WINEGAR said...

Hi Kara:
It looks like you are having a great time. I have been to the pyramids, etc. so I know how much you are enjoying this experience.
We love you and miss you. Keep the pictures and notes coming.

Love Grandpa