Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

9.19.11

oh heyy!
First of all I just wanted to say thanks for all of the wonderful birthday wishes. They are very much appreciated. :) Well we had our first real week here in Obera, Misiones. It was def better than the first couple of days. We have gotten to know the area a little bit better and the members and we are still working on finding some investigators that the elders were teaching. It has def been an interesting transfers so far but we are moving. very slowly but moving. I never realized how hard it would be to whitewash an area but luckily we have the elders that share the branch and understand a lot more spanish than us and can kind of keep us informed about things. That has for sure been a nice blessing. Well I am just going to tell you a little bit about my new area since the last email was mainly about transfers and all of that craziness. The area I am in is called Obera, Misiones and it is basically this city that I am pretty sure is in the middle of nowhere and there are two sets of missionarys in this area. us and the elders (our district leader) The area that we cover is stinking huge! Like it overwhelms me how huge it us. I am realizing more and more everyday how much the world needs more missionaries because there could for sure be at least 1 or 2 more pairs in this area. Our area is a stinkin mountain. Literally everywhere we walk we are either walking up or downhill. I dont think a flat normal street exists here. Yep it pretty much kills me but Im thinking it might be good for me with all of the delicious food here. The interesting thing about this area that is very different about my other area is that we dont stick out as much!!! There are a LOT of white people here that have like blonde hair and blue eyes. Crazy huh? Today some lady started asking us if we knew where some clinic was but obviously we have no idea because we have only been here for like a week but she asked oh you guys arent from here? ahhh yes!!! someone thought we were from here!! sweet huh! I like that we fit in a little bit better her! There are so many people that I see here that I would totally think they were north american. Another crazy thing about this area is that the dirt here is red. I will have to take a pic to show you. but that is pretty crazy.
As far as missionary work in the area. It has def been interesting. The first couple of days was hard because we were struggling a lot with finding where people lived. Luckily now we have had some help from the members and we have found almost all of our investigators. Teaching has been kind of interesting because we are 2 both fairly new missionaries here so we both lack a lot and the people sometimes have a hard time understanding us but I guess we know more or less enough to get our point accross and tell them to come to church. haha We are basically just starting from scratch with everything so we dont really have anyone that is ready for baptism but there are some people that we are teaching that could be close. we will see. I have been very grateful for some of the members in the area. There are several members who have served missions and know what it is like so they have been a great help so that is def nice! The truth is that I dont have too much to write this week but I can def say that I know that the lord is helping me so much at this time. I am not going to lie when I got the call telling me about transfers I got so scared and felt so incapable of any of this and yes I still feel very incapable but I know without a doubt that the lord is helping me. I am realizing more and more everyday that I know more than I thought I knew. I am realizing that the Lord really does know me and knows the best way for me to grow and learn. and that is by being forced into situations where I cant run away but I just have to do it. Somehow I am surviving in the middle of Argentina where no one speaks spanish and I am teaching the gospel. With my other two companions I could just be silent during a whole lesson and not talk because they would talk the whole time but now I cant do that I have to really take charge and teach the lessons. Christ lives! He loves us and he knows each and everyone of us. This is what we are sharing with the people of Argentina everyday and I know without a doubt it is true. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be serving a mission right know and to devote 1.5 years of my life to the lord. I know that there is no other place I should be right now and I am so grateful for the difficulties and the trials that we go through everyday because I know that it is just helping me to grow and become a stronger person. I appreciate more than every all of your love and support because I know that I wouldnt survive without it. My challenge for you all is to be that member missionary. Share the gospel with everyone. Missionary work truly isnt just for us as missionarys. This past wednesday we had the opporunity to attend a mission conference where Elder Foster from the 70 came and spoke to us. and it was incredible and he talked more than anything about member missionarys and how much more success missionary work will be with the help of the missionarys with the members. love you all! have a wonderful week!!

Love,
Kara

p.s. This computer is actually letting me upload pics so I am taking advantage and putting lots! Enjoy!

pic 1: Last p-day at the bird zoo with the elders.

pic 2: my last day in my other area with Hna Mena and once of the members sons

pic 3: in my last area one day when is rained a ton!

pic 4: you said you wanted pics of my apt. haha this is the bathroom of my last apt. yep its pretty gross

pic 5: a stinkin DISCUTING slug that was in our apt the other day. ewww

pic 6: a bag that says California! ya!!

pic 7: Birthday Cake!!

No comments: