Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

9.12.11

Hey there!
Wow this day ended up being super crazy! I was suppose to come back to the computer place today at 5 but around 2 today the elders called us up to say that they were going to some bird zoo and asked if we wanted to go. So around 4 we left for the bird place and didnt get back till around 545 and then we had no time to write because we had scheduled to have a FHE with a family tonight so now we are here really quick at night writing because we have to be back in the apt! Well this week has been one of the craziest, most stressfull, shocking, probably hardest weeks of my mission. I am not really sure where to start but I think we will start with last tuesday morning... here we go....
So last tuesday morning we happily went to an investigators house in our nice regular clothes to help her build her house. As we were sitting in her house waiting for her our phone starts ringing and we look at the phone and it said that the assistants were calling. My comp and I both look at each other weird because its not very common for the assistants to call and then she went off in the other room to answer the phone. After a few minutes she comes back to the room to tell me that he called to tell us that they were super proud of our numbers for the week and that we had some of the best numbers in our zone and he also told her that she was going to be training this next transfer and that there is something great in store for me. So I automatically knew that I was leaving the area which I was very grateful for because normally we dont get calls till late tuesday night. So luckily I had all day tuesday to do what I needed to do and say bye to some people. So we got back to our apt at 9 on tuesday night where I started to pack up my stuff for my travels wed and then around 10 I got the real call from my district leader telling me where I was going and everything. He told me that I was heading off to Obera, Misiones with Hermana Green! I dont know if you guys remember but Hermana Green is the Hermana with the red hair that was in my district in the MTC that recieved her visa late. So that automatically meant that I was senior comp. I am not going to lie when I heard that I had a little break down. Never in a million years was I expecting to be senior companion this quick in my mission let alone with a gringo that doesnt speak very much spanish. She only got to argentina about 2 months ago so she doesnt understand/speak very much. So I was already in stress mode when I heard that because I dont feel capable of being senior comp and with my small spanish. ahhh! Well that wasnt the end of my news about transfers. My district leader then told me that Hermana Green and I would be heading off to a totally new area that is being white washed. I dont know if you know what white washed means. Well basically means that there were elders in this area but for some reason the president decided to take out the elders and put Hermanas here. So we were coming to an area that neither of us knew and we basically have to learn the area/ members/ investigators totally on our own. Yes this has been the most insane/ shocking week of my mission.
So early wednesday morning Hermana Green and I got on a bus together and headed on a 6 hour trip to Misiones. When we got her our district leader and his comp were here waiting and took us to our new apt where the elders that were previously in this area were waiting. We then spent a little bit of wednesday night and all day thursday with the elders that were previously in this area and they showed us around the area and introduced us to a few members and investigators and then they said bye and left us on our own in this new area. I cant even explain to you how stressful it is to whitewash an area especially when I dont know the language very well. I can def say that I think the lord has blessed me with a talent of figuring out directions because somehow we havent gotten too lost in finding peoples houses. but it is basically like they sent to fresh gringos in the middle of now where with very little information and said good luck. haha! yes like i said i am in a shock! I think the pres has some image that I know a lot more than I do. but I know for sure that this is going to be a very difficult/ faith trying transfer. I am really going to have to put my trust in the lord that even though my spanish is not very good that he will help me to teach these people and help these people know of the truth. I dont in anyway feel capable for this responsibility that has been put on me this soon in my mission but I am having trust that the lord knows that I can do it. I have been very grateful these past few days for my last companion Hermana Mena and all of the things that she taught me because she would get mad at me a lot for not talking during lessons and make me talk more and at the time I would get so frustrated but now I am so grateful because I know that she was just helping to prepare me for this next adventure in my mission. I am super sad because I missed the baptism of Francisco but I know there is a reason I am here at this time I am just not really sure yet what that reason is. haha
My new area is absolutely beautiful. Super different from my first area. There are millions of trees here and way nice houses compared to my first area and we are in kind of a bigger city. but I just might die here because literally the whole city is hills. Everywhere we walk we are either walking up or down hills. I am dying!!!!! I didnt know I was coming on my mission to go on a 9 hr hike everyday but I guess soo... ahhh. oh and we have already encountered more bugs than I have ever seen in my mission. We found two discusting cockroaches in our apt and out a now where this big discusting slug. ahhh!!! I dont know if it has something to do with elders living there?? haha I have a ton more things that I can write but seriously no time. I guess they will just have to wait for next week. until then the church is true! Jesus Christ lives! and the book of mormon is true! I dont know how I would survive without the BOM it helps me through so much on my mission! love you all!!!

con amor,
kara

p.s. any one have any good advice for being a senior comp? ahhh I dont even know.
p.s.s thanks for your prayers they are def appreciated/felt/ and needed at this time. love you lots!!


Picture: that pic is of Hermana Mena, Francisco and I before I left the area!

No comments: