Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

8.01.11

Hey there!
Well transfers were last week and I have a new companion! and guess what yep shes latin! haha When I found out that I was getting a latin I was seriously scared to death that I wasnt going to be able to communicate but honestly I havent been happier! She is super awesome. Her name is Hermana Mena and she is from Chile and has been on her mission for about 14 months and she understands a lot of english and is wanting to learn more. So we have made a deal to try and speak english in the apartment and spanish outside. She said that she was very impressed with how much spanish I know for only having 2 transers and having a gringo comp. especially since we ALWAYs spoke english. So i was happy to hear that and I am learning so much! It was def a super good change and I couldnt be more happy to have a latin because I know I am going to learn a ton from her because I am more forced to speak spanish. It has been kind of hard because I have had to explain to her all of our investigators and our area in spanish. Who knows if she understood anything but yes I am super happy about the change and to be with Hermana Mena. She is super cute and sometimes we will be in lesson and she will whisper to me things in her cute little english like... uhh he is weird.. haha we are both learning the language from each other. oh and heather said someone asked her what area I was in but she didnt know. now that i think of it its very possible that I never told you what area I am in. I am in Corrientes Capital for you to know heather. :)
Things are really looking up here. We have 3 men who we have reciently started teaching who have accepted baptism dates and I can def see hope with them. The best is when you have a lesson and at the end of the lesson the investigator ask.. so when are you guys going to come back and visit? ummm YES!!! that means they like our visits and they will do their commitments! Besides transfers there isnt a lot that happened this past week. I have def started talking more and been more involved in teaching in lesson. My spanish is still very broken and there is still a lot that I dont understand but I am excited for this change and for all of the things that I am going to learn from my companion.
I made a cd to send pictures to you guys but I just learned that none of the cd things in the computers here work! ughhh one day i will send you guys pictures of Argentina! Life is good I am happy and I am learning so much and my testimony is growing so much every single day. I have never before had such a desire to read all of the ensigns and the scriptures all the time. I absolutely love when we have personal study when we can read the scriptures and study. I have grown to love the book of Mormon and I am constantly finding things from the book of mormon that help me each day. Isnt is incredible how we can relate the book of mormon to our lifes right now? I know that this is where I am suppose to be right now and yes there are def a lot of hard times but I am growing in ways that I never would have without serving a mission. Thanks for all of your prayers and support! I couldnt do this without you guys! This church is true and Jesus Christ lives!! I love this gospel!

love you all,
Hermana Van Wagenen

No comments: