Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

7.25.11

Hey there!
Well another week has gone. Another crazy week in the life of a missionary in argentina. The transfer is ending this wednesday, which is kind of crazy to me. My comp has now been here for 7 1/2 months so we are pretty positive that she is leaving for another area for the last 2 transfers of her mission. so we will see what happens. Im pretty positive that if she does end up leaving that I am going to get a latin. What do you think? The truth is that I am kind of wanting to get a latin because I know that I will learn the language 10 times faster because I wont be able to speak english. With my comp now we are always speaking english because it is just easier so I am sort of hoping to get a latin so I can learn the language faster but at the same time I am scared for my life because I am afraid that I am not going to be able to communicate anything! ahh but the truth is I am kind of ready for a change. I mean these past two transfers havent been bad but I am def ready for a little change right now.
   Oh man this week was an interesting one. So I have been pretty lucky since I have been here because it hadnt really rained very much and when it would rain it would just be a little during the day or a lot during the middle of the night when we are sleeping so it didnt affect us while working. Well this luck left me and I had a day of pouring rain literally all day this past tuesday. Let me just say that it was quiet an interesting day. I took a picture that I will send but I was just layered in all of my clothes and my rainboots. Let me just say that I am super greatful for all of the clothes that I brought. Well we were walking along the streets on the way to a members house for lunch and I had an experience like the movies. ahhhh. I was walking along with my umbrella and all of a sudden a car drove by through a puddle and the whole puddle just sprayed up on me. yes all of it. the whole left side of my body was soaked. ahh what a fun experience. haha there is nothing more miserable than being wet and cold. but i survived and the rain hasnt been back since then. I just pray that the rain wont come back like that again because working in that is HARD!  everyone is locked in their houses and no one answers their doors for the poor soaking wet missionaries.
   We recently found this man named Juan that we have started teaching and we are super excited! here is the little background story... so a while ago the sisters here recieved a call from our former mission president President Castillo saying he had a reference for us of this 22 year old girl that had a baby. So when I got here we started visiting and teaching her so one day when we were at the house for an appointment her uncle was there so we started talking to him and he was super nice and we started talking to him for a few minutes about our message and gave him a pamplet but he had to leave. so things didnt really work out with this girl because she just wants to party and has no desire to go to church so we had to drop her a while ago. Well about 2 weeks ago we were walking in the streets when a man drove by and waved to us. We couldnt really see who is was and we figured it was some creeper like always but then i stopped and realized it was the girls uncle. Well he then stopped his car and started talking to us. He was asking why we never came back and that he had read the pamplet and thought it was really interesting. so we set up an appt to return and we have been meeting with him ever since. He is super awesome and we see a lot of hope with him. This past weekend there was a huge baptism with every companionship of missionaries in Corrientes Capital (the area i am in) and everyone was supose to have a baptism and they took a huge picture with everyone in white. Well our baptism fell through because the girl didnt recieve her document but Juan was able to go with us and it was awesome! he also came to church with us yesterday and he was a baptism date!! we are super excited and really hope that everything works out with him!! we will see what happens!!
well i am totally out of time and my comp is waiting for me so i better go! love you lots! have a wonderful week! I am working hard and learning lots everyday! things are good! Thanks for everything!!!
love you lots!!!!

hermana Van Wagenen

No comments: