Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

04.14.11


Holla again!!!
como estan? I swear these weeks fly by I literally feel like I was just sitting on this computer writing an email but aparently that was a week ago. I have some exciting news!!!! Tomorrow we have a meeting where we will be getting our visas!!! and then tuesday we have another meeting to get our visas signed!!!! guess what that means??? we will be leaving on time! I was literally so excited when I found out. I think next week we will be getting our travel plans to leave. Ahhh i am so excited but at the same time feel so not ready for that! On monday we will be the oldest district in the zone. that is honestly hard for me to believe but it is the truth! :)
     Some things that happened this past week... well on sunday the BYU mens choir came and sang for our devotional and it was incredible! We are so used to always having speakers that it was a cool little change to have a musical fireside and wow do they sing amazing! Nick Nelson is in the choir so it was fun to see a familiar face up there. oh and heather I saw your friend ummm I cant think of his name ohhh andrew!!  I saw him across the room on sunday and I ran over to say hi to him. and then he ended up sitting by me at the fireside so I talked to him for a little bit and he was teaching me some of his thailand language. Its funny how I am seeing all of these people that are heathers friends. For devotional on tuesday Elder Rasband spoke to us and he talked a lot about the importance of having the spirit with you always. It is so important that as you are teaching lessons that you are feeling the spirit because that is how the investigator is going to be converted is through the spirit. THis is something that I have really realized since being here and as I hear new missionaries teach lessons I realize how much I have grown since being here. It really is amazing the difference in lessons when you are truly focusing on the investigator and not focusing on the lesson you should be teaching. Hermana Hamman and I had a really cool experience this past week with one of our lessons. We have a progressing investigators whos name is Carolina (she is our teacher Hermana Cannon acting like one of the investigators she had) and a couple of weeks ago we asked her to be baptized and she said she wanted to!! which was ways exciting, my first baptism on my mission!! :) ( ok so maybe its fake.. but still) but anyways as we would plan for her lessons we just felt like she really didnt understand the things we were teaching her and why she was being baptized so this past week as we planned for our lesson with her. We took a long time to plan and really just focused on her and asking her questions and reading the book of mormon with her. and after the lessons she just stopped and looked at us and asked "how did you think to teach your lesson like that" and we both just looked at each other really confused and said we just really wanted to focus on asking questions and she said that is the best i have ever felt during one of your lessons! how exciting it was for us to know that our investigator felt something good from our lesson! A couple of weeks ago I was just really feel down on my self with my spanish and just feeling like I dont ever feel the spirit when I am teaching my lessons in spanish but this past week that changed a little bit and as I started to focus on the investigator and not think about how horrible my spanish is that spirit was so strong. There is still so much I have to learn. I really dont know any spanish but I just continue to try my best and to work as hard as I can and just have faith that the lord will help me along the way. Missionary work truly is incredible. In relief society on sunday the speaker said, "Our mission is the mtc for the rest of our lives!" how true is that. My mission is preparing me for the rest of my life. I just think everyday how grateful I am for the opportunity that I have to be on a mission, I know that it is helping me in so many ways and it will help me for the rest of my life. I am glad that I listened to the spirit when I was told that I needed to go on a mission because I know that is was so true. Thanks for all of your amazing examples in my life! I think everyday how greatful I am for my family and friends back home. I love you so much and pray that you are all doing well. Keep updating me because i am not kidding when I say I want to know what is going on at home and in the real world. I love you all so much!!!
 
con amor,
Kara :)
 
p.s. efy is this next week right? have so much fun at efy!!! and I better get updates on it!!!!

No comments: