Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

04.07.11


Holla my family and friends!!
I cant believe that it has already been a week since I last wrote. Time is going to fast and I am just getting scared/ excited as the day of me leaving the mtc gets closer and closer. Just a few weeks ago we were the new ones/ babies of the zone and now our branch president is calling us the older district. Where has the time gone. Ahhh!!!!
Well this past weekend was conference. Wasnt it just amazing!! It was so cool to have the opportunity to watch conference here at the mtc and as a missionary. It was the first time I have watched every session of general conference with no distractions and just full attention on conference. and what a cool opportunity to watch it with so many missionaries. We all gathered in the gym as we watched 8-10 hrs of conference. I absolutely loved Elder richard g. scotts talk as he talked about his wife and his love for her. It was just the sweetest most sincere talk ever and I also absolutely loved as Jeffrey R. holland testified of pres monson saying he knows that he is called of god. I just felt the spirit so strong while he testified and i just got an overwhelming love for pres monson and I just knew that he really is called of god and he is our modern day prophet on the earth today.
This past monday was no english day meaning we had to speak spanish all day! Ahh it was crazy, our district has decided that every monday is going to be all spanish day. It was pretty funny because if someone that actually knew spanish heard us speaking they would laugh because nothing we say is conjugated correct or said right but we still all understand each other and i think it really is good because i have realized that really the only way that we are going to learn this lanugage is by speaking it as much as possible and just practicing the things that we learn. Memorizing only does so much but just speaking is what is going to help me learn.
This past week I met several people who had connections with fresno one is really good friends with lyndons fiance. she is going to taiwan and she went to school in hawaii and she also knows beau and mckenzie fogg. I also met this sister who is going to france i think and she lived in fresno for a couple of years and she knows several people i know like matt termeer and michael green. The mormon world is so small it is so cool to find people that you have connections with. Grandma bonnie said that i have a 2nd cousin that just got here in the mtc. I will have to be on the look out for him. It would be interesting to find him. The other day I met a sister that is from Resistencia!!! it was seriously the coolest thing ever!! She is serving her mission on temple square english speaking and she doesnt know very much english right now so it was kind of hard to communicate with her but it was so amazing!! she was so sweet and so excited to here that i was going there. She tried to tell me all about resistencia as we spoke in our little spanish/english we knew. i am going to find her again because she made me so happy and made me so excited to get to argentina to meet the people there.
Well i prob have a ton more i can say but my companions are waiting for me so i better go. I love you all tons. It is amazing how much my testimony has grown in there 5 weeks of being here. I love this gospel so much and couldnt imagine my life with out it. The church is so true and I know that pres monson is a true prophet of god. Read the book of mormon it is incredible. love you lots!!
 
love, hermana vanwagenen
 
p.s. keep the letters coming! they are like gold while on a mission!! ( i am not kidding! )

No comments: