Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fun in the JC



So on January 5, 2009 we had an orientation meeting in Provo, Utah prior to coming to Jerusualem to inform us on what to expect and just more information on what we were getting into. Well at this meeting we received a packet that had many handouts one being a booklet with everyone on the trips picture and another with a list of all of the committees and who was on each of them. As I pulled at the committee list I look at every committee…. The in center activities committee, the snack bar committee, the sports committee and my name was on none of them until I get to the bottom of the paper and see my name in the spot of being a committee chair.. a little shocked I look over and see that I am the committee chair of the………………………………………….. linen/ mail committee! As I saw that I laughed to myself I thought “cool I get to clean everyones sheets every week for them. I have always wanted to that!” Haha ok so it might have been a little bit sarcastically. As I was a little bit sad about being put on this committee it wasn’t until the day that we had our first linen exchange where my views were totally changed and doing linen exchange is one of my favorite things to do in the JC every week!During this half hour I bring my ipod and we just blast our music and just make it a party in there and everyone cant wait to come to the linen room. A couple of weeks ago my committee and I even decided to make up a dance and we did a little dance for everyone in the linen room to “What is love?” haha it was pretty awesome. Every else was laughing at us for being on it and now they are jealous that they arent the ones on it! haha



After linen exchange the other night we were just having fun talking with the Allens in the their apartment when somehow cookies came into the conversation and sis allen said that she had just made cookie dough and it was in the fridge and told us that we could make some cookies with it. Hayley and I were so excited. I love cookies!
Chillin outside on the grass studying... one of my favorite places to study!



Girls night! No boys aloud
At night we sometimes play games and one they we seem to play a lot is signs! so this is all of us showing our signs.


Then we have our nights on the town!...



Us girls all dressed for the Purim celebration which is a jewish holiday and everyone dresses up like it is halloween so we decided to go out and dress up!
We had a girls night and went and saw bride wars
and then got yummy hot chocolate cakes afterwards

Well we just got back from Galilee two weeks ago so i have tons of pictures from that so you might be getting a good post soon. 2 weeks until i am home! ahh crazy!

1 comment:

Heather Van Wagenen said...

Aw, everything looks like so much fun! Thanks for being so good about updating your blog! Your blog is my favorite one to look at! It is so crazy that you will be coming back to the U.S. soon, it seems like it went by pretty fast! I love you, and I can't wait to see you at the end of the month! :)