Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mary Magdalene Church and More...

A couple of days ago we decided to finally go to the Church of Mary Magdalene which we have been anticipating to see since we have been here because it is the big church with the 7 great onion-topped gold domes that we can see from the center it is one of Jerusalem's best known sacred landmarks and was built in 1865. We also went to an Old Roman Road, Church of All Nations, Garden of Gethsemane, Mary's Tomb, Gethsemane Grotto, birthplace of Virgin Mary, St. Anne's Church, and the Pools of Bethesda. Mary Magdalene church. dont they look like onions? haha
Marianne, Krista, Chelsea and I in front of one of them
These steps were steps that they know that christ walked on
Marianne and I at the place where they think that virgin mary was buried. This is a mural for Mary
A group of us in the same building with one of the men that worked there. He was a greek catholic man that had been working there for about three years
In front of the pools of bethesda where christ healed the man

The birthplace of the virgin mary
After visiting those sites we decided to do a little bit of shopping and we found a jewlery place where you pick whatever stones you want and they will make earings, braclets, necklaces for you. We had a little to much fun there.
Marianne and I with our sweet new earings!
Ms. Owens (chelsea) and I in front of a cool grafiti wall

5 comments:

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Kara! I love reading your updates on your Jerusalem experience. I am so jealous, and am sure you are having such a humbling experience in the " Holy Land".

Heather Van Wagenen said...

Aw, Kara you are so cute! I love seeing all your pictures and hearing from you, it is so cool! I am super jealous! I love and miss you! I hope you are having an amazing time! :)

Anonymous said...

It was so fun being in Jerusalem with you! How was Jordan?

Kylie Van Wagenen said...

cool thats awsome come check out my blog.