Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

J-town!

Last week we had a free day so me and my two friends Lindsey and Eliza decided that we wanted to just go out to west jerusalem and go to a few of the many sites that are on our long list on things that we should do while we are here. We went to a windmill, the YMCA tower (which you climb a ton of stairs and then you can overlook the whole city), the king david hotel, a cool park, and a few other cool places. We had so much fun being in a small group and being able to do what we wanted and just roaming the city.
Eliza and I in front of the cool windmill.

We had fun taking random pictures everywhere and not having to worry about other people waiting around for us (this is the great thing about be able to go out in small groups) Self timer is a great thing!
Last week we also went on a fun field trip to some places and the two that I really loved was going to the site where David slew Goliath. While we were there we read about the story and a few people ahead of time had created a Goliath with several boxes stacked on top of each other and so we all got slings and we got to try and hit rocks at Goliath and bring him down.
I dont know if you can see it but in front of all these people is the Goliath and they are all slinging at him.
Me attempting to do it. I wasnt very successful though. Ha
After that we went to some random caves that I dont really think had any significance but we went spelunking through the caves and got pretty dirty but had tons of fun!

This was the view from the center the other night as we were getting back from the center. BEAUTIFUL!

7 comments:

Stefanie Elyse said...

Hey,you have a pic of me at the caves! That's cool. And, I LOVE small groups! Maybe we should try that sometime.

Elyse Marie said...

I have a girl crush on you...just thought you should know. Haha. Especially after animal impersonations.

Moon Fogg said...

does my name have to be Elyse to comment? I guess I could change my name....

FYI... I got yo back!!

christastrebel said...

kara....
it was so so ssooooo good talking to you last week! I just started looking at amys blog and ventured onto yours and the first song that came on was vultures... i MISS YOU SO MUCH!!! thats the only song i can listen to and really truely enjoy with you here with me!!! So its official, we talked to tammy and you me, liz, and em are all living together on the 3rd floor of tower one!!!! ill need to get your eky and lizzie and i will decorate your room and stuff to make sure you dont get a crap room. Were trying to get out roommate bailey to live with us. you'd love her. Shes still unsure. its either living with us or going back home to live in a beach house with her best friend... tough decsission. i know i just spellt that wronge. anyways im soooo excited! next semester is freakin exciting to think about. Lizzie always, probably like everyday says..." im so excited for summer semester to live with kara and emily" ahhhhhhh. oh and i just bumped into else and wes and they say hi. they asked how youre doing in j town, i tiold them your learning aerabic. how do you even spell that? and that youre super busy and have to wake up early... they said we all need to get toegther and have dinner sometime. i love you!!!!!

Heather said...

this is awesome! I didnt know you had a blog!!! Now i can stalk you :)

Amy said...

I love you and am sad I missed your valentines day call:( I am also sad that I don't get to come visit you with mom and dad. Anyway it looks like you are having a grand ol time. don't forget about your favorite sister!

Kerri said...

I am so glad you are taking so many pictures! How fun it will be to go back and look at all your pics! Glad you are having such a great experience! Have fun with your parents in town!