Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life is Great!!

The wall in front of the center in which we live. They have pretty tight security here which makes us all feel pretty safe. Sometimes even safer than we felt in the united states.
A couple of girls and I at the Jerusalem time machine. It kind of reminded me of the star tours ride at disneyland because it was a motion ride and it took us back in time and talked about the history of jerusalem.

A little sneak peak of what the shopping is like in Jerusalem. There are just a ton of shops like this right up next to each other and most of the shops have pretty similar things. We found one shop that has 5 sheckel earings which equals around $1.50! sweet deal huh
On top of the old city walls. It was really cool to be able to see the city from above.

Garden of gethsemane! Wow what an amazing experience it was to go there. There are several trees and one they have dated back to around 2000 years old which they say could possibly be the tree in which christ knelt by to pray. As we were here we all just say down and read our scriptures and wrote in our journals. I know for a fact that I will be going back there since it is just across the street! AMAZING!
A little example of what the guy girl ratio is like here. ha! pretty sure in this picture there are 9 girls and 1 guy! Sometimes I feel kind of bad for the guys because they have to have a lot of patience being with so many girls that are wanting to go into every store to shop. Matt was great though! he def made us feel safe!

5 comments:

Sampson said...

What an amazing experience you are having. I love the fact that you are keeping your blog up so we can see what you are doing. I would love to see Gethsemane that would be awesome. We love you lots. Be safe and have a fun time.

Becca Jones said...

Love the pics! Thanks for keeping your side of the bargain- I'll take some pictures soon! :)

shelleyv said...

Hey Kara, Thanks for taking the time to make posts. I love seeing everything. I love you so much! I pray for you everyday!

Kerri said...

What an experience you are having, I love it! I am sure Matt didn't mind being the only guy around! :)

Amy said...

that looks so fun and amazing. you should call me soon!