Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I have officially been here for a week now and it seems like I have been here for forever. We were finally given permission on sunday to go out into the city and when they told us that we all got super excited went out into the town. (since sunday isnt the sabath here) That day I went with a group and we took a tour of the church of the holy seplechure (sp) it was really neat, i took some pictures and I going to try and post some soon but right now I am on a computer in the center so the pictures arent with me. We also went shopping, the shopping here is pretty cool. They have tons of scarves, jewlery, beautiful olive wood nativities and much more and most of the prices are pretty good so i am for sure going to take advantage of that! :) Yesterday which was wednesday was our first field trip and they took us on a geography tour around the city it was really cool. I feel like there is a lot that I dont know about this area so it will be cool to be able to learn more. I know these posts would be a lot more exciting with picture so as soon as possible I will do that! love you all

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara,
It sounds like you are having a great experience. Keep up the posts and we can't wait for some pictures!
Luv ya!

shelleyv said...

Hey cutie,
I'm glad you are doing well. I love you soooo much!

justjen said...

Kara I am going to have to experience the Holy Land through your posts so keep em coming! It must be amazing to just be there! Can't wait for pictures but really the info and stories are just as good! Thanks for sharing!

Deb said...

Kara
What an awesome experience you are having. I am so excited for you..
I love your blog. Luv ya