Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

5.28.12

Hey! Well this past week we had zone conference so I attached a pic with the hermanas in my zone and another with Hna Heyman. (mission pres wife) the other pic is a day last week of lots of rain. Here is formosa it is seriously crazy when it rains because the streets flood up. Sometimes i wonder if argentina doesnt believe in draining systems. and then the streets that arent paved fill up with tons of mud. So basically we are walking or sliding around all day in mud. It is def an adventure. my comp and I just say "oh Argentina" I think we have a lot/hate relationship. haha but the zone conference was awesome. Pres Heyman talked a lot about the holy ghost and how it works in the conversion and how we can get answers. I seriously love zone conference because it always seems to come in a time that I am a little down about the work and it always seems to help me get excited and rejuvinated again and have hope that there really are people prepared. 


On friday we were searching for an old investigator from elders years ago and as we were searching we found this lady with her daughter named Blanka. Her daughter commited to go to church with us on sunday adn when we passed on sunday she was ready at 8 waiting for us. Ahhh it reallyis the best when we dont feel like we have to force people to go to churhc but people really have the desire to go to chruch with us. Sometimes i feel like i need to convince people but then i realize that i really am not here to convince people. We can do all we can but people have their agency to chose if they want to do it or not. I just love when we find people who really ust want to go. Blanka is 14 i dont know why but it always seems to be teenagers that are interested I think sometimes older people are a little harder and set in their ways. but really thinks are going well. THe experiences that i am going through and the things that go on in the mission and really helping me to realize in my life what really matters and what i want. I thank my heavenly father everyday for these experiences and for this time i have to serve him and help these people in argentina really feel his love and understand the plan he has for us. Thanks for all your support. lOve you lots!!! 


Hna Van Wagenen



No comments: