Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

10.3.11

Hey there!
Wasnt this past weekend so wonderful! Yes over here in the good ole Argentina we were able to watch and listen to conference too! I am lucky because I am in an area where conference was broadcasted in our church building so we were able to watch all of the sessions. Other missionarys who arent in an area where it is broadcasted could only watch one day of conference but I was lucky enough to get to see all of it! and I loved it so much! I absoultely loved the talk that President Uchtdorf gave at the relief society broadcast! That was such an awesome talk. and I was super shocked to hear about the new provo temple that they are going to build. As a missionary the talk by Elder Callister was super awesome about the book of Mormon. Was is just me or did it seem like a lot of conference was really focused on the scriptures and the Book of Mormon. After Elder Scotts talk I basically realized that I need to start memorizing scriptures. But really all of conference was super awesome. I really would like to go back and read all of it right now.
Well this past week was pretty good. On tuesday we had the opportunity to be visited here in Obera by President Hayman and his wife. They came to our district meeting and really taught us how to get people to come to church. because truly the people here are pretty lazy and are hard to get to church. So pres was teaching us how to better get them to come to church. Then after district meeting Hna Hayman came out with us and worked. It was super awesome because she is just great. We were able to have a wonderful lesson with her and then after she took us out to ice cream! they are our mom and dad of the mission. Super sweet!
We had a miracle happen this past week that I cant even express how happy I was. So we have this investigator name Gladis and she is the wife of a member. I am pretty sure the missionarys have been teaching her for forever and the missionarys have put a bunch of baptism dates with her but obviously she has never gone through with them because she has a doubt/ fear about it. Well when we first got here she had a date for baptism but it was more like she didnt really know she had it so we have really tried to take the time to get to know her and figure out her doubt or fear and I dont know if it is because we are sisters but on friday she told us that she is really thinking about baptism and she wants to be baptized the 15 of october. I dont think she has ever straight up told the missionarys like that that she wants to be baptized. So we were pretty much super stoked and excited about that. She said that this is the first time that the missionaries have really taken the time to get to know her because with the elders before they would always talk to her husband and not her. I am starting to think that there must be a reason for the whitewash here in Obera. Pray for Gladis that everything will work for her baptism the 15 of Oct.
Everything is going well here in the mission field. We are continuing to work hard and share the restoration of the gospel here with the people of Obera. Conference was something I really needed to strengthen my testimony and realize really how much these people need these blessings in their lives. The gospel truly is a blessing. I love it so much! I am so grateful I am to be a member of the restored gospel. Love you all lots!! Have a wondeful week!
-Hna Van Wag

No comments: