Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

10.17.11

hey there!
Well Happy Mothers Day to my wonderful mom. ok yes I know its not really mothers day but over here in the wonderful Argentina it was mothers day yesterday so i thought I would send a little shout out to my wonderful madre! Can I just tell you that I am loving the emails from Mom and dad about their trip. As I was reading about their experience at church it reminded me exactly of me over here in Argentina. yep no one can play the piano so the singing is HORRIBLE. i mean really pretty.....(trying to stay positive) haha and then the whole sacrament meeting is in spanish. Now its not as bad because I understand a lot more. but i just remember my first while here in sacrament meeting I just sat there totally confused the whole time. but like mom said that dad understood the elder that spoke in spanish that was from florida. I am exactly the same way. When a missionary from the united stated speaks spanish I can always understand because of the american accent. haha and No there are not street signs or anything here as far as driving. I would be scared to death to try to drive here because people are insane!! I cant wait to hear about the rest of the Costa Rica adventure! and I am so proud to hear that you guys are getting around fine with the spanish! that makes me super happy!
Well as far as my week.. well we had a baptism on Saturday! yay everything went through super smoothly and Gladis was baptized on saturday. I was super happy. So as missionarys we are told that if someone if getting baptized at the end of the week we have to go visit them everyday that week to prepare them and keep them excited. So we did just that and I am not going to lie every single day that we went I was super nervous that she was going to tell us that she was too scared and couldnt do it. but luckily that did not happen and everyday we went she was excited to see us and excited for her baptism! so we are happy that Gladis was finally baptized! and she seemed super happy after! I have a pic but it wont let me upload on this comp. oh the wonderful computers of argentina. i just love them so much! :)
Pretty much the rest of this past week was not very excited. The week pretty much was just getting Gladis ready and prepared for her baptism. I love having baptisms but the thing that I hate is it means that is one less investigator and not we are on the search for new investigators. She was pretty much the main one we have right now so now we are on the look out for some new gators (investigators) . wish us luck! this area I am realizing is worse than my first area. There is literally a huge church on like every block. The people here are very religious and stuck in their religions.
The weather here continues to get hotter and hotter everyday. Summer is on its way and I am not going to lie I am dreading it more than every. I keep asking people how to survive in summer and they just keep telling me you pretty much dont.. you just suffer. haha awesome! cant wait! they just keep telling me that you are in a constant sweat that doenst ever stop all summer. when you go to bed at night you just need to lay there and not move at all because if you move one part of your body you will start sweating. hahaha oh man! doesnt that sound like a blast! well things are good over here continuing to learn and grow daily and learning to put my trust in God and he will help us. I am realizing more that ever that like it says in the sciptures that God give us struggles and challenges so help us grow and learn. Its true the only way that we are going to grow and learn is if we suffer through the hard times first and that is when we will see the happy times and miracles. I love this gospel more than ever. We truly are blessed to be members and I am grateful for this short time that I have to share this wondefulness with others. Love you all lots. Everyday I realize how grateful and lucky I am to have such an Amazing family.

con amor,
Hermana Van Wagenen

No comments: