Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8.15.11

Hey!!
It was fun to read about your week up in Bass Lake. It sounds like you guys had a fun time with lots of lake/boat time! I cant believe that your summer is already over. It seems like I was just reading emails from you saying that the girls just got out of school. Where did the time go? I cant believe that Ky is going to be starting middle school. umm i swear she is still a baby how is that possible. It is so weird for me to imagine her in 7th grade. but I am so excited for her!
Its always hard for me to think back on the week on what happened because I swear I am loosing my memory or something and everyday is smashed together and a lot of times I cant even remember what happened yesterday. haha ok its not that bad but ya a lot of times I cant remember. Well this past week we had zone conference. The president and his wife came and there was about 3 zones together and it was really great. One of the hermanas and an elder from my district from my district in the mtc were there so it was fun to see them and see how they are doing with everything. Its funny how my district in the mtc we became like a family so it was fun to see them. The presidents wife had made homemade chocolate chip cookies for all of us and you should have seen everyones faces because those do not exist here so you could imagine the faces of all of the gringos. mmm a little piece of home! Everyone just loves the new president. He is so awesome and super loving and thoughful. I think it is a big change from the other president.
Things are going well with the missionary work. We are still working with Francisco and are hoping to see him get baptized in 2 weeks. I think he is struggling a lot with his addictions and with his health because of it. but it is good that he has family that are members that can help him. We also have another guy named Jorge who is suppose to get baptized this saturday. He absoultely loves the church and we are trying to figure everything out so that he can get married this friday and then baptized this saturday. His wife is already a member she got baptized like 15 years ago but hasnt gone to church for a long time so she has been coming back to church with him and they love it. How great!
I feel like i have nothing really to write this week! but that is the little update! Things are going well. I think sometimes my comp wants to kill me because I dont talk very much in lessons so this has been a little struggle so I am trying to learn to just put my trust in the lord that even though I really dont know very much spanish that he will help me out. I just testify A LOT! I always feel like such an idiot when I talk because I am sure I am saying everything wrong so I am trying to learn to not care and to just talk. but I def feel like i have already progressed a lot since I got my new comp. Things are good and I continue to learn more and more everyday. Love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!

mucho amor,
Hermana Van Wagenen

Photo: this is my comp and I with our branch pres and his wife!

No comments: