Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

5.23.11

FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS AMY!!!!!! yay! Its your birthday! what are your big plans for your special day? let me guess... bry is taking you to cheesecake factory! ;)

Sometimes I feel like it takes a year to have another p-day but sometimes they come pretty fast. I kind of feel like I was just writing home and I dont have a lot to write home about this week. Things are good.. I think I told you about the couple that we are working with to get divorced, married, and then baptized. Well nothing new is really going on.. that is still the plan.. the zone leaders told us that it could possibly only take 3 weeks to do the whole divorce which is great news for us because the sooner they can get baptized! They just seem so happy and excited. Its so great to see a family so happy and excited because of the gospel . Being on my mission and seeing so many disfunctional and messed up people really makes me so grateful everyday for the wonderful family I have and that we have the gospel in our lives. I have really realized what a blessing the gospel is and how it really keeps families together. Its funny also because now I am realizing how grateful I am that we would read scriptures and pray together as a family everynight. At the time I was always annoyed and never wanted to do it but it really does bless you. Last night as we were talking to this family that is about to get baptized we told them that they need to start doing that and that they will be blessed and it will really keep their family together and unified.
hmm.. what else is going on. oh well last week we had a big zone conference with like 3 zones I think and the mission president and his wife came. I was so scared and intimidated because everyone speaks spanish and the whole thing was in spanish but it wasnt too bad. I had to give one of the prayers in spanish and it was so intimidating but I know that doing things like that are only helping me to improve. I just already dont like being put on the spot in front of a ton of people and especially when it is in a whole new language that is foreign to me. I think this might have been our last thing with our mission president because July 1st we are getting our new president. Its going to be interesting to see how things change when we get a new president. Im sure things wont change too much though. Did I tell you how the whole theme of our mission is baptisms. well basically they tell us that we are here to baptize and we are not aloud to leave a house without inviting the person to be baptized. its kind of scary because the first time you meet someone and teach them about the church you are suppose to immediately invite them to be baptized and its not very common for a person to be like ya i want to change my life and be baptized in your church right away but i know that it is good. and it makes the investigator remember that we are not here to be there friend and help them with all of their problems but we are here to baptize them and bring them to christ.
Mom was asking about the weather... oh the weather here in argentina. ahh it is crazy! It has actually been pretty hot here everyday but these last few days it has been kind of overcast like it is going to rain and kind of windy which is kind of nice weather right? but no... the stinkin humidity is horrible and even though it is nice weather outside and i dont think it is going to be hot I am sweating all the time. it is so gross. I really dont like humidity!!! I am going to be really grateful for no humidity when I get home from my mission. I am literally scared to death for the summer here. I honestly probably might die. Especially since we are literally out walking around all day and NO ONE has air conditioning. ahhh yay the life of a missionary! :) I am kind of looking forward for when it starts to get cold here. My companion keeps saying that it gets really cold. ahh bring on the cold!! haha Anyways life is good. I am still becoming accostomed to the new life of a missionary. Everyday seems so long and I am always so exhausted after everyday but I think that a little of that has to do with the fact that I cant talk so all day I am sitting in appointments trying so hard to translate everything in my head and after a while I just have a headache at the end of the day. I think I am starting to understand a little bit more but I am always so scared to try and speak because it will probably be wrong. I am starting to teaching a little bit more during lessons and I still bare testimony a lot and say a lot of prayers with random people we meet in the streets. I am so looking forward to that day when I can totally converse and understand all of the people. I love that dad is talking a spanish class. That will be fun to talk to him when i get home. except the spanish here is a little different because the double ll´s make a j sound and so does the y. ya i am still getting used to it because i didnt learn it like that in the mtc. life is good! keep updating me with everything!! I am not kidding when I say that your letters and support is what keeps me going everyweek. being a missionary is not easy but because I have such great support at home I am able to keep going everyday! I love you all so much and am grateful for your examples for me!

mucho amor,
Kara

No comments: