Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

03.17.11


Hello out there!
 
It crazy to me that it is already p-day again! I swear it was just p-day but at the same time it feels like forever ago. Time doesnt exsist here. Most of the time I dont even know what day it is. I know understand exactly what people mean when they say that the days feel like weeks but the weeks feel like days. It is soooo true! I told you how I recieved the brownies you sent and how I wanted to share them with my teacher hermano brown that night because right when we met him he told us he loved brownies and that we will get brownie points if we bring him brownies. So I had opened them on wednesday night and shared some with my district and then saved the rest to eat the next night during class. I was so excited to share them and when I told him I had brownies you should have seen how excited his face was until I opened up the box and the brownies were covered in ants!! it was the saddest thing ever! no brownies for hermano brown.
 
This week has been an interesting week. We have now been here for 2 weeks which means we have gotten to know each other really well. I have really come to learn the importance of companion unity. My companion and I have great unity and we get along super bien! but there is another companionship in my district that doesnt and it is amazing to the impact it has not only on them but on our district and everyone around them. We have had many discussions about unity and we even watched "the district" to see how they got along as companionships. It is so important that even if you dont get along to do anything you can to have unity with each other. I saw Elder Grimes and Cucuk yesterday!!! I was so excited to see them, I was worried that I wouldnt see them because there are so many people here and everyone has different schedules because I hardly ever see Sisters Horsepool and Farley. but luckily both Elder Cucuk and Grimes homes (aka classrooms) are in the same building and floor as me so I think I will see them often which is awesome!! It was so funny because my companion and I were just contacting someone at their door and in the middle of the contact I here voices and I turn around and Elder Grimes was standing there. It totally caught me off guard I didnt even rocognize him because I wasnt expecting him to be there. One of my favorite things in the whole entire world of being at the MTC is the temple walks on sunday. They are seriously amazing! It is so funny to see the temple just filled with missionaries but the feeling of walking out of the mtc is a nice little feeling of freedom and I think everyone just loves it.
 
Yesterday one of my favorite sisters in my zone (Hermana Ponaveitonga aka Hermana Tonga thats what I call her because i cant ever pronounce her last name) found out that her grandpa passed away and along with that her mom called her and basically told her that she was disowning her because she wont fly home to go the funeral. She is a convert and no one else in her family are members so they already arent happy about her being on a mission. But my heart has just been breaking for her and the struggles she is going through in her life right now. It is so interesting how her joining the church has brought so much trials in her life but it also brings so much comfort at the same time. The church truly is a blessing and will help her get through these trials.
 
It is incredible the amount of information I have learned in this little amount of time. I have never felt so emotionally drained but it is in a good way. Spanish is coming along slowly but surely. I still have a long way to go but i have been trying my hardest to whenever I know words to say them in spanish. Even if most of the time how I am saying it is totally wrong. My companion and I currently have 4 progressing investigators (aka teachers at the mtc acting as investigators they had in their mission) It is so interesting to do this because even though we know that they are teachers there is something about it that makes it so real at the same time. When we start teaching everything becomes real and I think of these people (Carolina and Jackie) as real investigators. We pray for them and do all we can to know what they need to be taught. I know that this is helping me so much in preparing to be a better missionary. I know exactly what it is like to teach someone. I absolutely love it!
 
We went to the temple this morning and it was just great! It always just brings me so much peace and love when I go. I look forward to this opportunity every week. The plans for the rest of our p-day are to take a nice needed nap, do laundry, write letters :), and class later tonight. Happy day!!! I love you all so very much and think about you often. I have the cute picture of mckay that amy sent me by my bed and also the sweet pic ky sent me of her and dad at the daddy daughter dance. I love it. Send me more pictures!!!!! I want to see whats going on. Keep writing me letters really are what keep me going! I miss and love you all! Have an amazing day and remember the church is true and heavenly father loves you so much!!!
 
love,
Hermana Van Wagenen
 
P.S. My friend jenn told me that people have been printing off blog post and sending them to her. That is pretty much that best idea ever! so you should do that because then I can see pictures and also know whats going on... just an idea! :)
 
also congrats to ali snarr!! I was so excited to hear that she is finally engaged!  yay!! :)

No comments: